Torrance Memorial Medical Center
The Service Desk Analyst II is responsible for providing first line support to users, doctors, and subsidiary companies, assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone or email. Technical support covers a broad scope of technologies such as password resets, Microsoft Windows issues or questions, assistance with email (Outlook/Smart Phones), business application user security, assistance with Microsoft Office, and assistance with hospital applications and equipment used at TMMC. This position requires that the individual answer technical questions and accurately record a detailed description of the problem at hand. It is also responsible for tracking the incident from creation until completion to ensure the incident has been resolved correctly. Under general supervision, this position performs shift and departmental duties to maintain efficient and accurate operation of the hospital's Information Technology computer systems.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Business Administration; or five years related work experience in information technology environment.
- Technical training and equivalent related work experience in network computing environment.
Knowledge & experience
- Thorough understanding of and experience with personal computer hardware and operating system specification, configuration and maintenance, and related software, networking and data communications.
- Experience with and thorough understanding of Windows XP/Win7.
- Experience with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and IT Service Management. ITIL
Add to Job Basket