Torrance Memorial Medical Center
The PC Systems Analyst is responsible for providing first line support
to users, doctors, and subsidiary companies, assisting them with hardware
and software problems via phone or email. Technical support covers a broad
scope of technologies such as password resets, Microsoft Windows issues
or questions, assistance with email (Outlook/Smart Phones), business application
user security, assistance with Microsoft Office, and assistance with hospital
applications and equipment used at TMMC. This position requires that the
individual answer technical questions and accurately record a detailed
description of the problem at hand. It is also responsible for tracking
the incident from creation until completion to ensure the incident has
been resolved correctly. Under general supervision, this position performs
shift and departmental duties to maintain efficient and accurate operation
of the hospital's Information Technology computer systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Understands and performs all job requirements and duties of the Service
Desk Analyst position which include but not limited to:
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and a strong customer service attitude.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Ability to interact with users and have a thorough understanding of when
to escalate issues.
- Service oriented team player - must be able to work closely with all members
of the Service Hub to continuously improve customer support procedures
and customer satisfaction.
- Experience using a service desk ticketing system, Altiris a plus.
- Experienced in providing hands-on and remote support for all computing
devices (PC's, Laptop's, Smart Phones, etc.) as well as printers,
scanners, and faxes.
- Assists in the development and documentation of operating/processing procedures
and is able to train other department personnel on all shift procedures,
tasks, and special procedures as necessary.
- Handles complex and critical operational processing during shift.
- Demonstrated ability to stay calm while working in a high pressure, fast
paced environment maintaining effective multi-tasking skills and complete
- Able to follow and handle all application processing on any shift by following
- Ensure all shift duties are complete, shift status reports are updated,
and performs shift turnover with on-coming next shift.
- Able to handle standard operational responsibilities of department when
supervisor is not available.
- Ability to identify and recommend process and procedural improvements.
- Rotates with other Service Desk personnel for holiday coverage.
- Monitors computer room environment, hardware, system software, network,
and application status and notifies departmental supervisory personnel
of any problems or unusual situations.
- Works with users to solve operational problems and helps to train users
on basic equipment usage.
- Minimizes waste of operational or processing resources.
- Tests operating and processing software or application changes and enhancements
- Identifies problems and works with the appropriate vendor to resolve. This
includes writing a CSR to document problems and resolutions.
- Updates procedures and documentation as needed to reflect changes.
- Monitors and reviews the continued use and functioning of all operations
or special software programs and recommends improvements and enhancements
to departmental and system performance.
- Handles peripheral maintenance problems and identifies major hardware problems
for vendor correction; documents all problems and follows up until maintenance
- Maintains tapes and tape management records for department.
- Works with highly confidential personnel and financial data and must understand
need for security.
- Understands that operator error could cause substantial financial loss
to hospital and uses personal caution in all processing tasks and oversees
that shift duties by other operators are also handled with caution.
- Organizes work independently to complete shift responsibilities.
- Understands priorities of daily shift schedule at beginning of shift to
accommodate special processing required for each day.
- Maintains clean and orderly computer room to facilitate prompt location
of paper, supplies, forms, tapes, and other information; also maintains
and cleans equipment included in computer room and printer room per vendor
and departmental instructions.
- Performs special projects or tasks as requested to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Embraces Torrance Memorial Medical Center values of service, excellence,
knowledge, stability and community, and demonstrates behaviors in a manner
that reflects these values.
- Participates in hospital performance improvement activities (BPI projects,
task forces, etc.) when warranted.
- Ensures that privacy and confidentiality rules are followed in accordance
with Torrance Memorial Medical Center, State, Federal, and HIPAA regulations.
Formal education and certification in one of the following:
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or
Business Administration; or two years related work experience in information
- Technical training and equivalent related work experience in network computing
Knowledge and experience:
- Thorough understanding of and experience with personal computer hardware
and operating system specification, configuration and maintenance, and
related software, networking and data communications. A+ and MCSE certification a plus.
- Experience with and thorough understanding of Windows XP/Win7.
- Experience with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
and IT Service Management. ITIL Foundations v3 certification a plus.
Add to Job Basket