Management (excludes Nursing)
Torrance Memorial Medical Center
Under administrative direction, guides and directs the development of Clinical
Informatics projects. This includes the development, implementation, and
evaluation, of evidenced based clinical practice guidelines for coordination
of patient care (e.g. power plans, patient teaching materials, and pre-printed
orders) which are used throughout all patient care units. The goal is
to support evidenced based patient care and improved patient outcomes
with the development of technology solutions the enhance communication,
documentation and efficiency. The Clinical Informatics oversees and participates
in multidisciplinary strategic planning to determine system solutions
that support patient care, set standards for clinical applications, conform
to accreditation standards and regulatory requirements and transform clinical practice.
- Bachelors degree in nursing, information systems, clinical/medical informatics,
pharmacy, computer science or other helathcare related field.
- Five years of experience in a hospital setting.
- Two years of experience with quality improvement initiatives and clinical
- Two years of experience Cerner's Millennium PowerChart EMR.
- Program/project management expertise utilizing best practice methodology.
- Strong communication skills, ability to establish relationships and credibility
with physicians and clincial staff; diplomacy , strategic thinking, organizational
skills, problem solving skills; demonstrabel leadership skills; and negotiation skills
Add to Job Basket