Management (excludes Nursing)
Torrance Memorial Medical Center
Under administrative direction, guides and directs the development of Clinical Informatics projects. This includes the development, implementation, and evaluation, of evidenced based clinical practice guidelines for coordination of patient care (e.g. power plans, patient teaching materials, and pre-printed orders) which are used throughout all patient care units. The goal is to support evidenced based patient care and improved patient outcomes with the development of technology solutions the enhance communication, documentation and efficiency. The Clinical Informatics oversees and participates in multidisciplinary strategic planning to determine system solutions that support patient care, set standards for clinical applications, conform to accreditation standards and regulatory requirements and transform clinical practice.
- Bachelors degree in nursing, information systems, clinical/medical informatics, pharmacy, computer science or other helathcare related field.
- Five years of experience in a hospital setting.
- Two years of experience with quality improvement initiatives and clinical process reengineering.
- Two years of experience Cerner's Millennium PowerChart EMR.
- Program/project management expertise utilizing best practice methodology.
- Strong communication skills, ability to establish relationships and credibility with physicians and clincial staff; diplomacy , strategic thinking, organizational skills, problem solving skills; demonstrabel leadership skills; and negotiation skills
Add to Job Basket