Management (excludes Nursing)
Torrance Memorial Medical Center
Health Information Management
The Director HIM/CDCI provides leadership and oversight to the strategic development and implementation of the Health Information Management, Coding, Clinical Documentation Improvement, Cancer Data Management, and Transcription (as assigned) departments with authority for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the managerial, operational, and financial activities of the infrastructure required to support these services. This position is responsible for ensuring that the services delivered are aligned with and support organizational goals and priorities. This position is responsible for keeping abreast of internal (e.g., organizational goals and business requirements) and external (e.g., regulatory, legal, reporting) drivers that impact the HIM/CDCI strategic plan. This position is responsible for ensuring health information technology is fully leveraged for timely, efficient, cost effective, and high quality customer centric HIM and CDCI operations.
- Bachelors Degree
- Five years leadership experience in HIM, Coding, Clinical Documentation or Systems applications implementation experience in HIM and/or revenue cycle.
- Certification in one of the following required: HIM, Coding, CDI or equivalent.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Effective public relations and communication skills; written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong presentation skills