During this phase of treatment, individuals confront the complex and demanding
issues that arise during the early stages of recovery.
- An integrated series of lectures and workshops dealing with addiction issues
such as anger, depression, denial, and grief. A 12-step philosophy offers
participants guidance and assistance as they search for a new way of life.
- Individual and group therapy allows participants to focus on problems that
may have contributed to their present difficulties and undermined their
past attempts at sobriety.
- Program enrollees attend 12-step meetings, or other self-help groups, within
- Before patients move on to the next level of treatment they must meet several
behavioral benchmarks and work with their primary therapist to formulate
a plan for the transitional phase that follows.
To help program participants succeed family members play an integral role
in the treatment program and are deeply involved in the recovery process.
Spouses, significant others, and children are encouraged to attend lectures,
participate in multi-family group therapy alone or with the patient, and
join support groups to help them face past problems that have resulted
from chemical dependency. The program also provides the opportunity to
meet alone or as a family with a primary therapist. The goal is to help
them prepare for the challenges they will encounter as their loved one
navigates the road to recovery.
The Intensive Phase meets 4-5 times per week for 6-8 weeks.
The transitional phase of treatment is designed to reinforce the recovery
process at every turn.
- Combines two individual counseling sessions, group therapy, lectures and
family sessions to provide an intensive approach to relapse prevention
and continued sobriety.
- Participants attend 12-step meeetings or other self-help groups, within
The Transitional Phase of the program is 3 times per week, for 6 weeks.
Participants and their loved ones continue to receive ongoing support to
keep them moving in the right direction as sobriety becomes a way of life.
- Participants continue with weekly group therapy sessions and four individual
- Additional private therapy sessions may be requested by the participant,
if the need arises.
Continuing care is once per week, for 24 weeks.
For a consultation, at no charge, please call 310-784-4879
Our Expert Team
Meet our team of professionals
Providing a true healing environment