Torrance Memorial Medical Center and Torrance Memorial Home Health and Hospice are licensed by the State of California, Certified by the Center's for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and fully accredited by The Joint Commission through March, 2015 (surveyed every three years). The Joint Commission is an independent not for profit organization which accredits and certifies more than 19,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States and is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality. Additionally, accreditation is required to participate in the CMS program, as well as most major health insurers and HMO providers. Joint Commission accredited organizations can also earn certification for programs devoted to chronic diseases and conditions. Torrance Memorial has two Joint Commission Disease Specific Care Certifications:
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Advanced Inpatient Diabetes Care
Torrance Memorial Clinical Lab and Blood Bank are also accredited by The Joint Commission through 2013 (surveyed every 2 years). In addition, Torrance Memorial operates a Transitional Care Unit, which is a Distinct Part Skilled Nursing Facility that is certified by CMS and licensed by the State of California.
Torrance Memorial is also certified or accredited by several other national and state organizations:
- American College of Radiology for:
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Computed Tomography
- American College of Surgeons as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Center with Commendations for three years
- American Associate of Blood Banks
- American Nurses Credentialing Center as a Magnet Facility for Nursing Excellence
- Blue Distinction by Blue Cross/Blue Shield for expertise in delivering quality health care for total hip replacements, total knee replacements, and spinal surgeries
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery.